Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Taco Tuesday!

On the menu tonight is tacos. My husband's favorite meal is tacos, in fact he could probably eat them every night of the week. I love them too, however I like a little more variety so our compromise is Taco Tuesday. Every Tuesday we have some kind of tacos and tonight is no exception. I am making fish tacos.

Fish tacos are super easy (Eatzy!) and fast for a week night meal. We buy a bag of individually wrapped frozen tilapia filets so I just set out what I need in the morning and they are defrosted and ready to go by dinner time. This is also a very customizable meal. You can pick what you like and change it up. Some times I like to make a mango salsa to go with it and other times I would rather keep it simple with just lemon and tomatoes. Whatever you have on hand works wonderfully.

I also suggest using flour or soft corn tortillas for this meal. My husband loves the crunchy corn shells and normally won't touch a soft taco, however he loves them with fish.

Here's what you need for a Fish Taco Tuesday:

1 T oil
1-1.5 filets of a flaky white fish per person (I use tilapia)
1 tsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
fresh lemon or lime juice- just enough to squeeze over fish

Heat oil in a saute pan over medium heat. Season filets with salt and pepper, paprika and citrus juice. Place fish in pan and saute until opaque and cooked through. Let cool for one minute and flake apart with forks.

To assemble your tacos, add any number of condiments, but I find that with these, the simpler, the better. Here are my favorite toppings:

Diced tomatoes, diced yellow or red onion, sour cream, avocado, cilantro, and a squeeze of lime juice. Serve on a soft flour or corn tortilla with chips and your favorite salsa!

No comments:

Post a Comment