Saturday, January 21, 2012

Freezer Friday...On Saturday?

We are doing Freezer Friday today (Saturday) since yesterday we discovered a whole chicken in our fridge that needed to be made. My husband put it on the grill and just grilled some sweet peppers to go along with it. Pretty basic. If anyone wants to know how to do this exactly, let me know :)

So tonight is Juicy Lucy Burgers and frozen prepared onion rings. The burgers are so easy to do. I just set out about 1 lb of ground beef (you could use turkey if you'd like) to defrost this morning and all you need is salt, pepper, garlic powder, and two slices of American cheese. Divide the meat in half and then each half in half again (you should have 4 balls of meat). Flatten each ball into a patty. Fold your American cheese slice into fourths and place the square of cheese on top of one patty and top with another. Pinch around the edges to seal the cheese inside. Repeat with the other 2 balls of meat and slice of cheese. Season the burgers with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook on a griddle or on a large skillet until the burgers reach your desired done-ness (I recommend at least medium for these burgers so that the cheese melts).

Top with your favorite toppings and enjoy! Have a great weekend everyone! Its a cold, wintry day outside today so I think I'm going to go curl up with a nice book until I need to start dinner. Hubby is passed out on the couch with the pup, so I think I need to follow their lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment