Friday, January 13, 2012

Freezer Friday: Sausage, Peppers, and Onions

Its Friday and that means I am slightly tired of cooking and planning (and too excited since I have a candle order coming today!!) so I am taking tons of help from my freezer and making sausage, peppers and onions. I found these fully cooked Italian flavored chicken sausages at the grocery store last week. We had a coupon for them, so I thought, why not?


Tonight I am cooking these according to the package directions (essentially just steaming them in a pan with a bit of water and then browning them up when the water evaporates) but I am going to top them with sauteed bell pepper and onion. You can serve them on a hot dog or hoagie bun or just eat them without the bread if you are doing the low-carb thing (it is January, right?).

I am also serving these along side sweet potato fries. Normally I would make them myself- just slice, salt and pepper, toss in oil and roast in the oven until brown and crispy- but like I said, its Freezer Friday and I have a bag of ready made ones which makes my life easier.

That's whats on the menu tonight! Let me know if you have tried these chicken sausages from Johnsonville and what you think of them!

Look out for my candle review later :)

No comments:

Post a Comment